Monday, March 24, 2008

New Job!

Adoption news: Nope. Still waiting.


Other news: Russell got a new job! He's been working on his PhD at Washington University for several years (in evolutionary biology). He just accepted a faculty position at Maryville University (in St. Louis), starting in the fall. He's on track to finish up the PhD and start the new job in August. Yay!!! It's a little weird now, since we live on the campus of the college where I work, and we're in the same athletic conference as Maryville. So to my student atheletes... don't worry... I'm super happy that Russell has a job at Maryville, but I definitely know where my sports allegiances lie... :^) (And I've told Russ that he can't wear red to soccer games this fall...)

Goat update: the goats are back to their silly, happy, ornery selves. They have dismantled the little shelter we built for them (we keep building it back up) and this morning, the white one head-butted me as I filled her water bowl. She also wouldn't stop chewing on the zipper pulls on my jacket pocket. I'm thinking that they're pretty much OVER the dog attack now.

Fun update: check out www.nerdtests.com. You can take an online quiz to tell how much of a nerd you are (as if I needed outside confirmation on that...). Here are my results:


I'm particularly proud of my low, low score in the "dumb/dork/awkward" category. I think this is why the final analysis came out as "Uber Cool High Nerd."

I hope everyone had a great Easter & Nauryz!

7 comments:

Angela said...

Congratulations! I taught part-time in the art department at Maryville years (8?) ago. I really liked the students. Good for you! I am sure you can figure out how to live together in peace :).

Angela
dossier at consulate

Kim said...

Fun quiz! Those questions were hysterical!

Kim

Susan said...

I wish I was a cool uber nerd.
Congrats on the new job for the hubby. :)

Catalina said...

Hi Chrissy, I am catching up with your blog, congratulations for Russel`s new job! I am going to do the test later :)!

Regina said...

Congrats on the new job! That's a lot of big, wonderful changes coming your way this year. :-)

Glad the goats are doing fine. I'll do the nerd test in a minute...looks like fun.

Regina
www.ruopoliadoption.blogspot.com

Children's Hope International said...

Congrats to Russell!

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Congrats on the new job, Russell!