Friday, March 14, 2008

Still No News

No, we haven't dropped off the face of the earth. Just no news on the adoption front. We got the FBI report all done and delivered to our agency. Today, Russell is driving a couple more power of attorney forms up to Springfield to get apostilled - more forms that the Kaz government requested of all prospective parents. I think we know the way to the Secretary of State's office by heart... we could drive it in our sleep by now.

It's finals week here at my school (we're on the quarter system). Then 2 weeks of spring break, during which I'm gonna keep cranking on my research project, then it's back to teaching full time for spring quarter. It's going to be pretty quiet here with all the students gone for 2 weeks.

4 comments:

Susan said...

You win the "most patient and calm adoptive parent in waiting" prize. You are really calm and I'm impressed with your grace in the long wait to your child. I know you said you like cold weather (weirdo, LOL) BUT i think summer in Kaz sounds nice. Sure, it may be hot, but you can get out and about and see the town. I hope you get word soon that your daughter or son are ready for you to come get them!!!

Matthew Ruley said...

You do win the most patient prize! Hope you travel soon to meet your child. I know the wait is so hard.

Aaron and Julie said...

We are still checking in on you :) Patient indeed! But I know the anxiety is brewing :)

Stacy said...

Patient is an uderstatement! You win the prize for waiting so calmly! I hope you get to meet your baby soon! Kaz in the summer is great!!!!
Stacy
bssegebarth@aol.com