Tuesday, March 4, 2008

FBI update!

I called the FBI this morning and they said our clearance was mailed yesterday!!!! Wow!!!! That was less than a week!

The phone call was kinda funny... when the woman said they were mailed already, I blurted out "Are you kidding???" She said, "Ma'am, I try not to lie about things like this." I told her I was just shocked because the woman I spoke to last week told me it would be about 4 weeks, and this was completed in under 1 week. She said "We're supposed to say 3-4 weeks. We try to get it done faster."

Cool!

So now we get to notarize, apostille (by taking another day off work at driving it up to the capitol) and then get it to Kaz.

On a completely different note, it's thundersnowing in St. Louis right now. Freaky.

6 comments:

Aaron and Julie said...

yay!!! (on the fbi clearance, not the thundersnowing phenomenon :)

Sherri & Tim said...

Hi -- You don't know us but we adopted from Kaz last year and love following other journeys! Just say you posted about St. Louis. We're in St. Louis and I have (no joke) 12 inches of snow on my deck. The dogs & kids are deliriously excited! Just curious if you're close to us. Would love to find more Kaz/STL families!

Congrats on your FBI clearance. Hopefully you'll get to travel soon! We traveled in May last year. It was perfect weather!

Sherri
www.journeyforjill.blogspot.com

Susan said...

yay, I'm glad you got the FBI thing taken care of. That's a load off your mind. :)

Thundersnow...wow.
I can't even imagine. I am wearing shorts and my fitflops right now.
Everyone says Kaz in summer is super hot, but i wonder, maybe it will be par for the course for Floridians.
I hope we both go this summer. :)

McMary said...

Great news on the FBI clearance. You are really on the way now!

Kim said...

Great news! Thunder and snow are too of my favorite things! I would have loved to see that!

Kim

Matthew Ruley said...

Okay you guys need your LOI now. I'm ready for you to travel. You have your FBI clearance (again!)