Monday, February 4, 2008

Horst


Yay snow! I love snow! We got about 9 inches last Friday evening. It melted pretty quickly, but not before Russ and I decorated our yard with Horst, the 6-foot tall, Bayern Munchen futbol fan (note the scarf) snowman and his pet bunny, Kaninchen. And yes, Horst has raquetballs for eyes. In fact, if you look closely, Horst has eyebrows, since his eyeballs kept falling out and bouncing out into the street. Thankfully, his eyebrows held his eyeballs in place.

Tragically, the warm weather has not been good to poor Horst. He was listing heavily this morning as I left for work. I don't hold out much hope for him this afternoon. Ah, Horst... we hardly knew ye.

7 comments:

Amy said...

So sad! : ( The snowman meltith!!!

Catalina said...

Such a cute snowman! Too sad he did not last any longer......

Kim said...

I love snow too and have been seriously depressed on the lack of it in CT this year. You are very lucky! :)

Matthew Ruley said...

He's great! What fun!

Julian and Sara said...

I love it! Poor Horst...

Susan said...

ya'll make good snowmen and snow bunnies!

while you were doing that, I was on the beach. So weird. :)

Karen said...

Bet you love how cold it is today. Here in the Twin Cities, wind chills are at 30 below. This has been on heckuva cold one for sure.