Thursday, September 27, 2007

Joining the 21st Century

Greetings friends, family members, and curious bystanders...

Thanks for joining us in our newest adventure: impending parenthood! As most of you know, we've been working on an international adoption for quite some time now. It would appear that we're getting pretty close at this point. We're hoping to travel to Kazakhstan sometime in the next few months to meet our first child! We're pretty darn excited about this.

So in celebration of this, we're attempting to join the 21st century by figuring out how to manage our very own blog. We've been so inspired by so many of the other international adoption blogs that families have posted over the past few years. We've learned HEAPS, and discovered quite a community of folks who've created their families through international adoption. We want our blog to help keep our friends and families informed throughout our trip, but we also want to help encourage the folks who are behind us in this process. So welcome to our first test post! More to come...

3 comments:

Michele said...

I am so excited for you guys! I can't wait to meet your child. He or she will love you!

I have already been looking for kids clothes too....I found cool "green" environmental t-shirts for kids! You'll love them! And maybe a Beatles shirt for your child to rock out too...you know, for balance.

Lots of love and best wishes!!

Anxiously waiting,
Michele

heather said...

Wow! I would never be able to figure out the whole blog thing. You guys are awesome! By the way, your nephew wants to know if he can call you Aunt Me, cuz every time you call you say "hey, it's me":)

Susan said...

hi there! We are waiting to travel to Kaz to adopt our daughter too. :)

Our I-171H just came in last week (YAY) so we could sumbit it and complete our dossier.

We have no clue when we'll travel, so we're just trying to keep busy, and find some new goals until our dossier lands in country and we get the call we have to go.

I did get 3 immunizations today and my arm hurts. WAH! :)

I'm glad I stumbled onto your blog.
We can encourage each other.

Your dog is cute. We have a big ole 90 lb labradoodle named Miles. I have not posted his lovely mug on our blog though. :)